We challenged six foodie phenomenons to develop their very own tastebud-tingling recipes for the ActiFry. There’s more to ActiFry than cooking delicious, healthy chips and these bloggers prove it with their mouthwatering recipes.
Jan from A Glug of Oil created this appetising Mozzarella and Red Pesto Arancini dish. With so many amazing dishes, the competition is too close to call so each blogger really needs your support. If you love the looks of this dish make sure to give Jan your vote.
Mozzarella and Red Pesto Arancini
Serve with arrabiatia or pepperonata with a few baby salad leaves.
Approx. 1 hour 50 minutes including prep and allowing the risotto to cool.
- 2 x Knorr chicken stock cubes
- 50g cubed unsalted butter
- 1 medium sized diced onion
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 250g Arborio rice
- 40g grated parmesan
- 1 ½ tbsp. of flat leaf parsley
- 100g light buffalo mozzarella
- Approx. 1 ½ tbsp. of red pesto
- plain flour (approx. 100g)
- 2 large free range eggs
- Panko crumbs (approx. 150g)
- Frylight sunflower oil (spray bottle)
- Add the butter and onions to the ActiFry and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add the rice and chopped garlic and set to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add dissolve the Knorr chicken stock cubed in 900ml of boiling water. Add 400ml of the stock to the ActiFry and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add another 400ml and cook for a further 12-15 minutes.
- Check the rice is cooked and if needed add the remaining stock and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and the parmesan.
- Spread the risotto onto a tray and pop into the fridge to cool completely.
- Wait for the ActiFry to cool down and then clean.
- Get a plate ready to put the Arancini rice balls onto once they are made.
- Line up 3 bowls: one for the flour, one for the egg and one for the panko crumbs.
- Wet your hands and take a small amount of the cold risotto and make a cup shape using your thumb to press down into your hand.
- Add a cube of mozzarella and a small amount of pesto. Take another piece of rice and place on top to cover.
- Roll into a ball and set aside. Repeat to make each rice ball.
- Now roll each ball into the flour and coat well. Then roll into the egg and then coat in the panko crumbs.
- Remove the paddle from the ActiFry and spray the inside with oil, taking care not to spray oil into the centre part of the ActiFry.
- Spray the Arancini balls with oil and pop them into the ActiFry.
- Cook 6 balls at a time for 6 minutes then carefully turn each one and cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Spray with a little more oil if you think they need it.
- Check the temperature so you know if the mozzarella inside has become molten (62°C).
- Serve immediately on top of a bowl of arrabiatia or pepperonata with baby salad leaves.