Who will be our first ever Slimmer’s Secret Supercook? You get to decide and have the chance to win some great prizes!
We challenged six foodie phenomenons to develop their very own tastebud-tingling recipes for the ActiFry. There’s more to ActiFry than cooking delicious, healthy chips and these bloggers prove it with their mouthwatering recipes. But whose recipe will see them crowned Slimmer’s Secret Supercook?
All you need to do is vote for your favourite recipe here for the chance to win some tasty prizes!
One of you lucky people will win a weekend of pampering for you (and a friend) at the luxury Greyshott Spa, and a bunch of you will each win an ActiFry XL!
Pip from The Slimming Foodie is vying for the crown with her lip-smacking Chicken Satay Fried Rice. With so many amazing dishes, the competition is too close to call so each blogger really needs your support. If you love the looks of this dish make sure to give Pip your vote.
Chicken Satay Fried Rice
Served with julienne veg e.g. carrot, red pepper, mange tout and edamame beans.
10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced small
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- Zest & Juice of 2 limes
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large, or 2 small carrots, diced small or julienned
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls frozen peas
- 250g ready cooked brown/wholegrain rice
- 120ml water
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- coriander (to garnish)
- Prep all the veg and dice the chicken.
- Whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice & zest, and fish sauce using a fork or mini whisk. Then mix in the diced chicken, coating thoroughly.
- Brush the sesame oil through the Actifry with the silicone brush then add in the chicken – set to cook for 7 minutes. After 3, just open up the ActiFry and break up the chicken with a silicone spatula to make sure it’s not sticking to the paddle.
- Add in the carrots, spring onion, garlic, red pepper, and half of the red chilli then set to cook for a further 7 minutes.
- Add in the rice and the water then cook for another 6 minutes (please note, if you are using home-cooked rice rather than packet rice you may need to add a little extra water whilst cooking to prevent the rice going crispy).
- Serve with julienne veg and sprinkle with the rest of the chilli and chopped, fresh coriander.
Here are the other recipes that are competing in the Slimmer’s Secret Supercook challenge:
Which is your favourite? Vote now to be in with the chance to win a luxury Greyshott Spa weekend for two or an ActiFry XL!