This delicious Indian chicken recipe is made using our tomato thari gravy recipe. The thari is perfect for an array of dishes (not just chicken) and will give an authentic flavour to your curries. It’s super easy to make at home using our kadai from the Madras Collection cookware range.
- Whole chicken cut up (skinless)
- 1 Onion
- 2 gloves Garlic
- 1 cm Piece of Ginger
- 3 chopped tomatoes (or 1 tin chopped tinned tomatoes)
- 1tsp salt (to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp. Garam Masala
- ½ tsp. Red Chilli powder (to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Coriander Powder
- Handful Fresh coriander
- Ghee or oil
- Blend onions, garlic and ginger until it resembles a paste
- Fry in Ghee or oil until onions are dark brown (not burnt) – cook on a medium heat
- Add tin of chopped tomatoes and mix
- Add spices: Salt, Garam masala, Chilli Powder, Turmeric, coriander powder
- Mix spices well and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Chicken pieces (skinless) Mix well
- Add ½ pint of water, mix and let the chicken cook.
- Stir regularly.
- Once chicken is cooked, add chopped coriander.